Award Winning Personal Injury Lawyer 


  • America's Top 100 Attorney's

  • American Institute of Personal Injury Attorney's "10 Best in Client Satisfaction", 2016

  • National Academy of Jurisprudence "Premier 100", 2016

  • Super Laywers Rising Stars, 2015

  • Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2016

  • Award Winning Law Firm

Car Accident Attorney FAQ

When someone is involved in an accident, the experience is devastating. A lot of the time, car accident victims do not know who they should contact first. Here at Little Law Group, we are always ready to provide the legal advice you may need.  Here are some Frequently Asked Questions about Auto Accidents.


Q: What do I need to do first if I have been involved in a car accident?


A: If you or anyone is injured, dial 911 to ask for police assistance and ambulance. Be sure to get the contact information of the parties involved. You can also try to take photos of the cars involved in the accident, and all the damages. Lastly, do not confess any liability before your attorney conducts an accurate investigation to know how the accident actually occured.


Q: If I file the personal injury claim, do I need to go to court?


A: In Nevada, most car accident cases are resolved without going to court. However, insurance companies try to settle the claims as quickly as possible for very little money. Therefore, it is wise to consult with an experienced auto accident attorney to make sure you get fair compensation.


Q: What is the basic information needed to claim the damages?


A: For your car accident claim to succeed, it is essential to collect enough evidence. Therefore, you need to have witnesses, contact details of the parties affected, and pictures of the accident site. Also, a police report will be used as evidence of your claim as well.


Q: Should I go to the hospital after an accident even when I am not hurt?


A: Some injuries become visible days or weeks after a car accident. Therefore, seeking medical treatment after the accident even if you are not injured is essential. Keep in mind that if the injuries are not administered within a sensible time, you might not recover the medical costs. You are advised not to settle the accident claims before being examined by a doctor.


Q: Can I show my medical reports to the other driver’s insurance firm?


A: You should only show your medical reports after consulting your car accident attorney. Keep in mind that if the insurer sees your medical report, it can harm your claim. The insurance firm can debate that you were not hurt or you had a preexisting disorder.


Q: What do I do if I was partly responsible for the accident?


A: Whether you are partly responsible for the accident or not, do not accept the blame. Nevada has a system that determines liability in auto accident cases. So, if you are found to be partially at fault for the accident, you will only be liable for your portion of the fault.


Q: Is it possible to demand costs if I was not wearing a seat belt during the accident?


A: According to Seat Belt Law in Nevada, drivers and passengers should put on seat belts when a car is in motion. However, if you are injured while not wearing a seat belt, you can still claim your damages. But the settlement is reduced by the percentage of fault. In addition, law enforcers might ticket you for not putting on the seat belt.


Q: Can I resolve with the other driver insurance agent?


A: Do not speak or settle the matter with the other driver’s insurance agent without engaging an experienced auto accident lawyer. If you settle the matter on your own, you might not get the full claim.


Q: What should I do if the faulty driver's insurance cannot pay all the damages?


A: If the faulty driver coverage is not enough, the insurance companies in Nevada should offer the underinsured motorist insurance. It covers the costs of body injury but does not consist of car damage.


Q: What if the driver who is at fault does not have auto insurance?


A: If the faulty driver’s car is not insured, you may engage your insurance company if you have uninsured motorist coverage. In Nevada, the law requires car insurance companies to provide uninsured coverage to drivers. There are 2 types of uninsured driver coverage:


UMBI (Uninsured-motorist bodily injury) – it covers injuries to anyone in your car in case of an accident with a faulty uninsured driver.


• UMPD (Uninsured-motorist property damage) – it covers damages to your car in case of an accident with a faulty uninsured driver. For you to file an uninsured motorist application, you need to show that the other motorist was liable for the accident and that he or she was not insured.


Q: Why should I call Little Law Group?


A: If you or your loved one has been injured in an accident that was caused by the reckless or negligence of another driver, you need to call an experienced car accident attorney.


Seth Little is one of the most experienced auto accident lawyers in Las Vegas, NV. His track record of assisting his clients to get fair compensation is second to none. He has the legal knowledge and skills to ensure the insurance companies gives reasonable and fair settlements. If the insurance firm fails to cooperate, Seth Little will always be ready to litigate in the court of law. If you've been in a car accident, call Little Law Group today for free consultation and get the justice you deserve.

Learn more about Little Law Group

Learn more about what to do after a hit and run car accident

  • YouTube Social  Icon
  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Google+ Social Icon

© 2023 by Alliance Digital Concierge